Re: idea - gnome app fast loading

Hmm, this wont work, if you fork, it'll be exactly the same as it
works now, because the processes can't share resources.

And if you dont fork, then you'll have problems with per-process
resources (like file descriptors), it'll have to be multithreaded, and
applications could stomp on each other (this worked ok enough on the
Amiga, but the code had to be tight ... actually this is why it is
frugal with resource usage - themable widgets, multimedia and sound
all running happily in 1MB, with the desktop and some applications
running).

Hmm, of course if it were done right it might be useful for other
reasons though (embedding, remote-invocation, task-migration?).  But
this is getting into the component area.

 Michael

--
     ///   `... thinking is an exercise to which all too few brains
    ///     are accustomed.' - First Lensman, E.E. `Doc' Smith