[Q] gnome_icon_selection

I've got (what I hope is) a fairly quick question: what, exactly, is the
purpose of the GnomeIconSelection widget?  Is it to popup a selection
dialog that allows a user to select an icon for a particular item?

If that's what it is, it's exactly what I was looking for!  Unfortunately,
I can't get it to work: I have a two-day-old CVS checkout and when I run
the following snippet of code, no widget pops up:

--
 GtkWidget* pISel = gnome_icon_selection_new( );

 gnome_icon_selection_add_defaults( GNOME_ICON_SELECTION(pISel) );
 gnome_icon_selection_show_icons( GNOME_ICON_SELECTION(pISel) );
--

It access the hard-disk and takes a second, so I am under the assumption
that it's working fine, but I don't see anything.  I also attempted to

Thanks in advance for any help you fellas can give me.

William R. Tipton
nails@maybe.net
http://www.maybe.net/f