gnome-libs from CVS: gnome.defs & gnome-libs.po/msgfmt

	Well, I think I figured out all my autogen problems: ORBit, audiofile &
esound all compiled & installed nicely (well, esound couldn't find audiofile:
it's not that important, but if someone has an idea...). But gnome-libs is
giving me some problems in the compilation stage.
	On my Linux box, it goes into libgnomeui and tries to run mawk to generate
gnometypebuiltins.h , but gnome.defs isn't there. Where does gnome.defs come
from?
	On my SGI, gmake dies right away as it can't find gnome-libs.po to move it to
gnome-libs.pot . If I copy the file from my linux box, then it complains about
missing msgfmt, which I see on my Linux box, but what is it, do I need it for
IRIX, if so, where can I find it and if not, what am I doing wrong?
	Thanks for everyone's help to date: I'm getting so close, I can smell it.
Ummm. . . Donuts. . .

-"Zow"