Gnome on Irix 6.5

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Gnome and I tried to compile Gnome on an O2 under IRIX 6.5.
I tried gcc 2.8.1, egcs and CC and nothing really worked. I got the glib to
compile but when configure looks for the glib I usually get error messages when
configure tries to run glib test. I compiles all right but execution goes wrong.

Has anybody experience on compiling gnome for sgi. Or are there binary packages
anywhere on the net.

Ciao,
        Karsten

-- Karsten Reuter - Ponton Hamburg GbR ----
-- Max-Brauer-Allee 34 - D-22765 Hamburg --
-- Phone +49-40-389 48 71 -----------------
-- email karsten@ponton-hamburg.de --------