Re: more wierd gnome-libs compiling problems

Hi!

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, John P.Looney wrote:

>  Running ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local from the gnome-libs subdir, I
> keep getting:
>
>  checking for working ORBit environment... yes
>  updating cache ./config.cache
>  creating ./config.status
>  creating Makefile
>  sed: file conftest.s2 line 40: Unterminated `s' command
>  creating po/Makefile.in
>  sed: file conftest.s2 line 40: Unterminated `s' command
>  creating intl/Makefile
>  sed: file conftest.s2 line 40: Unterminated `s' command
>  creating gnome-config
>
>  I've removed the automake, autoconf, and libtool packages, and installed
> them from source in /usr/local. No difference.
>
>  Any ideas ? I must be doing something silly...
I had the same (or at least very similiar) problem once due to an obsolete
orbit-config which didn't understand --use-service, thus giving an usage
message, and thus corrupting the regexp directive...

--
"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to
lead all customers out of a mire of  technological chaos neatly ignores the