autogen.sh config

is there some "good" answer for these errors ??

./configure: syntax error near unexpected token `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(libIDL,'
./configure: ./configure: line 521: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(libIDL, 0.5.2)'

I mean I reset up automake autoconf libtool etc
made aclocal usr the correct acdir (/usr/local/share/aclocal)
to fix a similar prob when compliting glib out of cvs

and now with libIDL automake...
well from waht I understand this error means somehting like it can find
a macro or something ??

looking through the achives there seems to be a few messages about
all the auto and config stuff

Simo 8)