Re: Newbie: Error message each time panel tries to start.

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Doug Pearson wrote:
> I have tried to get GNOME .20 that came on the RedHat 5.1 distribution
> to work.  I checked that all of the needed libraries, utilities , etc.

Mmm, that one is pretty old. It's basically a bug that's been since fixed.
The Gnome with Red Hat 5.1 is way unstable. (Gnome still is pretty
unstable, but it's a lot better than .20 was.)

If you're up to compiling, try out the latest CVS, see the instructions on
the site. If you're not, you probably want to wait a bit for Gnome to
stabilize and come out in packaged format.

Havoc