Re: Problem with autoconf *just* with Gnome CVS stuff

On Wed, Nov 11, 1998 at 11:09:44AM -0500, Jeff Garzik mentioned:
> > [valen@minbar glib]# autoconf
> > configure.in:137: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
> > configure.in:138: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
> [...]
>
> Macros that execute a program are considered unsafe for
> cross-compilation, and the glib macros are indeed executing programs
> during the configure step.
> Ignore the warnings unless you are cross-compiling.  :)

 Oh, OK, so it's nothing to do with this that follows:

[valen@minbar glib]$ CFLAGS="-s -O2" ./configure
./configure: syntax error near unexpected token `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE($PACKAGE,'
./configure: ./configure: line 566: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE($PACKAGE, $VERSION, no-define)'
[valen@minbar glib]$

 Any idea why this comes up ?

Kate

--
'As my grandmother used to say, as she worked away on her spinning wheel,
"Those who do not remember history, are doomed to repeat it, especially if