Comments from new GNOME user

Hi. I just compiled and installed GTK+ 1.1.2 and GNOME 0.3. Previously, I've
only installed/used GTK+ 1.0.x.

First off, it looks nice, comparable to KDE (which I installed this summer for
Solaris while I was still a UNIX developer at work) and Windows (I'm an NT
developer at work now).

The only obvious UI gaffes are that my fonts are weird (gtop looks horrible) and
some apps have right-aligned help menus, some don't.

I can't wait to start integrating my GTK+ app into GNOME, although I haven't
found much documentation yet. Particularly I am interested in the canvas widget
and imlib drawing facilities (my app will be doing a lot of drawing). I suppose
I can look at the game sources.

What is the CORBA under the hood: ORBit or MICO? Are there C++ bindings? If not,
I'll have to use MICO for my app, as I go C++ all the way (OO and STL etc.).

Anyways, very cool. Keep cobbling.

--
SEGV    http://www.cgocable.net/~mlepage/