Re: gnome guru

Begin forwarded message:

>Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 18:39:40 -0600 (CST)
>From: Havoc Pennington <rhpennin@midway.uchicago.edu>
>
>On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Andrew S. Townley wrote:
>>
>> the user remains in the context of where the error takes place.  It also
>> allows you to disable the back/next buttons (now we're getting MS-specific,
>
>"sensitive" is what Gtk calls "enabled," so we are on the same page
>here...

Gotcha.

>> but the concept is the same...) when the user activates the page.  You'd do
>> this on the first page (disable or hide the back button) or if you had to
>> require data before the user could advance to the next page.  This is also
>> (one way) how you change the next to a finish button on the final page.
>>

>Right now GnomeGuru just changes to OK automatically if you're on the last
>page. With a NextPage callback, it would have to get NULL from the
>callback and also be at the end of its list I guess, but then again it
>isn't supposed to call the callback until next is clicked... hmm, there
>are issues.

One of the thing about having control over the OK button is that what if you
want to have two different end screens?  If the user choose path A, they get
two pages, but if they choose path B, they get 5.  The end page is also not
the same, so this sounds like it will be nearly impossible to do with the
existing API.

>Again, please feel free to hack on this... I don't have time to make it
>any nicer just now...
>
>Havoc

Understood.  I'll see what I can do, but no guarantees.  I don't even have
anything close to a workable CVS build environment right now and it'll take
some time to put together....

ast