RE: a new user finds some success with gnome from cvs

> The only thing I did which was a little
> wierd was to #ifdef out some prototypes in
> libgtop/support/gnomesupport.h (trimmed for brevity):
>
> #if 0
> int vsnprintf (char */*str*/, size_t /*maxlen*/,char */*fmt*/, va_list
> /*ap*/);
> int snprintf (char */*str*/, size_t /*maxlen*/,char */*fmt*/, ...);
> char *realpath (char */*path*/, char /*resolved_path*/[]);
> #endif
>
> On my system those functions had conflicting types with my stdlib.h.  I
> don't know if this is a good fix or not.

I had the same problem with source I grabbed on the weekend.  The solution I
had was to change #undef HAVE_VSNPRINTF in config.h to #define
HAVE_VSNPRINTF.  It looked like their should be an argument to configure to
make this happen, but it didn't seem to work.

I had an internal compiler error in gnome-objc that I haven't looked into
yet, and I hit problems with mc, but all the basic stuff worked fine.

Warren

--
Warren Baird               | Visualisation Wizard
AEA Technology - ESL       | Ph: 519-886-8435 | Fax: 519-886-7580