Re: Font Frustration - adobe-helvetica

"Jeff Miller" <jmiller@gfs.com> writes:

> Does anyone know where I can get the adobe-helvetica fonts?

They're a standard part of the X distribution. If you are running
XFree86 they should have come with your system (perhaps as a separate
package); otherwise your vendor should have provided them.

(You could get them out of the source tarball for X11R6.4
 and convert them into compiled form with bdf2pcf, but that is
 probably the hard way to do it.)

The only case I can imagine that your vendor wouldn't have provided
those fonts would be if you were running on a X-terminal without much
local storage. In that case you might want to consider running a font
server on a separate computer.

Regards,
                                   Owen