Re: undefined reference to `poptGetContext'

Matthew Greenfield <matthewg@clear.net.nz> writes:
> Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Matthew Greenfield wrote:
> > > rerunning autogen.sh ... hummm ... infact from the looks of it, the
> > > configure script isn't even checking for popt!! .. a search in
> > > config.log or config.cache finds no reference to popt .. and the console
> > > output from configure doesn't refer to checking for it..
> >
> > Did you regenerate configure from configure.in after getting the new
> > configure.in? Do you see a reference to popt in configure.in?
>
> no reference to popt in configure.in at all..
>
> this is CVS gnome-libs pulled as of only maybe 4 hours ago..
> I completeled rm -rf gnome-libs-ed it to make sure I had a clean base..

Don't people read ChangeLogs?

Sorry to rant, but one look at the ChangeLog would have told you all you
need.  You wouldn't have had to waste your time deleting and re-fetching
the whole of gnome-libs, nor have to sustain an useless thread.

I know that some people don't update the ChangeLog, but there are those
of us who do.  Most people at least provide an useful commit message.

	$ more ChangeLog
	$ cvs log configure.in | more

though an overhead, may obviate

	$ cd ..