Re: undefined reference to `poptGetContext'

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, Matthew Greenfield wrote:
> >
> > gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations
> > -Wpointer-arith -o .libs/gnome-dump-metadata -L/usr/local/lib -lglib
> > gnome-dump.o -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib .libs/libgnome.so
> > -L/usr/local/lib -lglib -lm -ldl -lm -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
> > ../support/.libs/libgnomesupport.so -lm -L/usr/local/lib -lesd -lm -ldb
> > -L/usr/local/lib -lglib -ldl -lm
>
> -lpopt isn't on the link line; so configure didn't find your popt.
> Possible reasons:
>
> - you need to rm config.cache before you run autogen.sh or configure
> - you don't have the location of popt in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or
>   you didn't run ldconfig
> - something else; look in config.log for an error message related to
>   popt.

hmmm.. have checked all this.. libpopt.a is in my /usr/local/lib
(there's no .so or anything, should there be?) which is listed in my
ld.so.conf ... always run ldconfig .. always remove config.cache before
rerunning autogen.sh ... hummm ... infact from the looks of it, the
configure script isn't even checking for popt!! .. a search in
config.log or config.cache finds no reference to popt .. and the console
output from configure doesn't refer to checking for it..

confused..:(

Matt