Re: no sooner do I rant about it...

> >   Ok, I got two mails this morning about the dependancy between libxml
> > and snprintf ... I would like to keep libxml compilable standalone (i.e.
> > out of the gnome framework if not available) so I plan to add the test
> > to the autoconf and link in the replacement if not available.
> >   Sounds Ok ?
>
> I do think that depending on making gnome-xml depend on glib is not
> that bad.  I have made the code use g_snprintf now.
>
> this also lets us use the preconditions in gnome-xml and all of the
> data structures from glib.

  Sorry, gnome-xml code is used in non-gnome programs, and I really would
like to retain the possibility to compile it without linking with Gnome
libraries. Please don't break all my other existing programs ! I don't
want to maintain two XML sources tree ...

Daniel

--
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C  MIT/LCS  NE43-344  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel: +1 617 253 5884  | 545 Technology Square   | Linux, WWW, rpm2html,