Re: gnome developer docs - not sgml

On Tue, Nov 03, 1998 at 06:57:44PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> luther@maxime.u-strasbg.fr wrote:

> > > heh, I just built 0.30.1 on Solaris w/o auto* and libtool.
> > >
> > >       Jeff
> > >

> > same here, i wonder what it is i installed since last time i tried :(
> >
> > the libtool problem was a 0.30 one i think ...
> >
> > what is the next step ? did you also have so much problems with them ?
>
> I gave up and installed GNU tools :)
>
> 	Jeff

Hello, ...

i was able to compiled both gnome-libs and gnome-core, after installing what i
think was the right amount of GNU stuff.

but when i launch the panel, i get
GImLib ERROR: Cannot find palette file /usr/etc/im_palette.pal
gdk_imlib: Cannot Find Palette. A Palette is required for this mode
Message: Initializing CORBA for panel

Gdk-Message:
** ERROR **: sigsegv caught
where you able to launch it, is there a special option to imlib so that it
don't search for an inexistent /usr/etc/im_palette.pal (this sound strange,
		there is no /usr/etc directory here, nor on my linux/debian system at
		home.l) but in my home directory, i am not root here (and don't want my
			gnome experimenting to affect other users ...)

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER