Re: gnome developer docs - not sgml

spblunt@ozemail.com.au (Steven Blunt) writes:

> It's all very nice to tell someone else to fix it, but in this case
> most off the someone elses don't use your OS.  The only way it will
> get fixed is if you or someone else running your OS ports it and
> submits the patches.

All true, but keep in mind that it's very hard to fix things if they
continually get broken by developers who don't use non-Linux systems,
and don't care for those who do.  Taking GNU extensions to various
utilities for granted is one such example.

Because of this, I sometimes wonder if Gnome will ever work reliably
on a non-Linux OS.

(Take this as musing rather than a criticism; I am mostly a lurker
here, and am not involved in the actual development.)

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia