Re: gnome developer docs - not sgml

> > if you want to build on "Solaris".  I assume similar applies to HP/UX.

My porting method was simple:
	Try to compile something
	Get what it complains is missing from prep.ai.mit.edu:/pub/gnu

The problem, or annoyance, then comes when what you get that you are
missing won't compile because it needs something else, which in turn needs
something else, which in turn, and so on...

For the most part, the gnu tools are cake, as they've been tried on so
many platforms.  It's the "other" tools and libraries that provide the
problems.  I think the thing that bugged me the most was
	a) libtiff - trying to convince it to do shared libraries
	b) netpbm - the source is ancient (needed by Moxy)

The net can be your friend.  HPUX does not have dlopen, which caused no
end of trouble on one thing - I searched on the net, and some site had a
library that translated the dlopen calls into the HP equivs.

It's a good learning experience.

	-Dan