Re: gnome developer docs - not sgml

> Dan Newcombe wrote:
> > Are there non-sgml version of the docs?  Or is there a way to read them
> > without requiring tons and tons of other packages?
> hehe I asked the same question a couple days ago and got the answer "no."
> Gnomers -- SGML might be a great development format, but foisting _yet
> another_ document format on the world involves much pain.  It would most
> cool if all SGML docs were converted into HTML or similar and put on an
> FTP or Web site.

It's not so much having to convert them, it's what leads up to that.

SGMLtools requires python, so I went and put that on.
SGMLtools is expecting TeX from the look of things...
Also, when running the make, it was trying to kick of RPM ... sorry, not
on Linux and have no need for that.

It's always a neverending chain.