Re: GNOME core/basic applications

On Sun, Nov 01, 1998 at 06:55:12PM -0500,
		Gleef wrote ...

> Well, the truly "core/basic" GNOME applications are those in the
> gnome-core package.  This would be:
>  * gnome-session
>  * panel
>  * control-center
>  * help-browser
>  * gnome-terminal
> Additionally, gmc is sometimes often considered a core application.

Ok, I'll add gnome-utils ;-))

> It sounds like the "less-core" of the GNOME applications might be better
> served by a program like GoodStuff.  For example, have gnome-session run
> GoodStuff, which would give access to gnome-terminal, gwp, gnumeric,
> same-gnome, etc.  This would be a very good thing IMHO, since I know many
> people who prefer a GoodStuff type interfaces to menus like the big foot
> in the Panel, giving people an alternative is always a good thing.

Well, thanks for your ideas.

	Dominik.

--
Dominik Rothert

WWW: http://domix.rhein.com
E-Mail: domix@rhein.com
GPG Fingerprint: BB8F 7348 18AE 565F 6ABA  453F A964 3160 B20A 5726
PGP Fingerprint: 70 1C 59 75 D8 30 65 3F  FE 1E D8 B5 89 EA 4B 5A