Re: [OFFTOPIC] Mailthreader, anyone? was: Re: Uniformity?

Nils Philippsen <nils@rhlx01.rz.fht-esslingen.de> writes:

> Well, I just got the archive of the gnome-gui-list and again a loath pine for
> not being able to thread discussions (despite the rest of pine's features,
> which I really do like). Has anyone a pointer to something with which I can
> read the whole stuff threaded, it's a mess to read threads when you have to
> select the messages 'by hand' because youe mailer doesn't do it for you. A
> mail to news converter would also do the job, I would use tin then.

I'm reading this list with gnus, an emacs-based news reader which
includes a mail-to-new converter called (?) nnmail.  The learning
curve, which I've been climbing for the past month, is a little steep.
But as is traditional for emacs tools, it does include the kitchen
sink.

In this case, the kitchen sink includes threading plus other
customizable methods for grouping mail, including a concept they call
"scoring".  This means you can set up criteria for increasing or
decreasing article (or email) scores based on keywords in headers or
content.

See http://www.gnus.org/