Re: gtk compilation woes

[I too hastily deleted the previous messages in this thread; oops.]

Someone said I was wrong in claiming that the .lo build was the thing that
bombed out, based on the "fact" that make was citing a single rule that
builds both .o and .lo.

Well, I just looked at the Makefiles in gnome-libs/libgnome and gtk+/gtk,
and they both have separate rules for building .o's and .lo's.  The static
compile uses the COMPILE macro (non-libtool), while the shared-lib compile
uses the LTCOMPILE macro (which uses libtool).

So it still looks to me as though the shared-lib build crapped out...

Or is there something else going on that I'm missing?

FWIW, I've got the latest autoconf, automake, and libtool, and I updated
from CVS about 2 weeks ago.