Re: Making new items for gnome-canvas

On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, Richard Hult wrote:

> Basically, what I wanted to do, was to make lines, rectangles and so on
> with handles. It turned out that you've already done that for me ;)

Well that works out nice. :-)

> Would integrating the handle code with the original canvas code be a
> bad idea? My guess is that many applications that will use the canvas,
> will want to have handles for their objects.

The plan is to have 'ezpaint' as a standalone library used by the Gnome
office applications (and anyone else that wants to use it, of course).

Originally it was going to go in gnome-libs; that's why all the items have
long annoying names like GnomeCanvasHandleLine, I've considered renaming
them to EZHandleLine, etc. now that the lib is standalone, but I haven't
done it.

You can probably start using the library now, but there are still a lot of
changes pending. I've written a comprehensive road map for the future in
the TODO file; I don't have time to do all that stuff, so I'm hoping for
contributions. The interface will probably change a little bit still, and
there are rough edges, so if you want to use the library expect to have to
work on it some.

I hope it's useful for you. Let me know if you have any questions about
how it works, etc.

Havoc