Re: A few new applets

> I would like to announce more applets for the gnome panel.
> Over the next few days, they will be added to gnome-core. It would be
> really nice if someone could work on getting applets to compile outside
> of gnome-core. We should not be bloating the basic system with all these
> applets, but moving some of the "non-essential" ones into a group of their
> own, such as gnome-applets or gnome-extras.

the libraries should be installed (libpanel_applet) .. and now the two
relevant header files should be installed as well (that is
applet-widget.h and applet-lib.h) ... so it should be in theory possible
to do all this outside of the gnome-core tree ... if and how well this
will work, I have no clue as I haven't tried it (I might have missed
something, but I think that's all one needs) It might be nice to build a
sample makfile andput it in the APPLET_WRITING tutorial

also the APPLET_WRITING file should be put on the webpage I guess ...
should I move it to gnome-devel? I would say that's a better place for it.

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: