Re: REALITY CHECK: Resource usage of gnome

> I haven't done any coding for X (yet, GNOME is my first target, but it'll
> have to wait until after my exams), but I still wonder why gmc is getting
> requests to redraw its icons even when there's no movement over them. I'm
> not sure this is an X issue.

gmc sets the backing pixmap for the shaped window to the image it
needs to be drawn.  So, gmc should not be getting any redraw events
for the desktop icons at all.   What led you to believe this?  I am
interested.

Now, the problem with the flashing resize in gmc is a known bug, I am
going to address that as soon as possible.

Miguel.