Re: REALITY CHECK: Resource usage of gnome

On Sun, 24 May 1998, Stephanos Piperoglou wrote:

> And it's not a matter of resources. I have a PMMX/200 with 32 megs of RAM
> (and about 100M of swap) and an accelerated server for my Viper V330. That
> should be blazing fast, and it is for anything other than gmc. I still think
> this is gmc's problem. Maybe the event monitoring loop for drag & drop
> events is badly optimized? Can the coders offer an insight?
Well, I've got a 166mhz p5 w/ 80mb ram and a matrox mill II, and it
*blazes*, until I start up something like gmc. How does kde put things on
the desktop? It seems to work *very* well (fast, and you can move more
than 2 icons before killing and restarting gmc :-)

Chris
<- Visit Me At http://home.hiwaay.net/~jfrost ->

<-- For My Public PGP Key Visit http://home.hiwaay.net/~jfrost/pgp_key.txt -->