Re: LIBTOOL and GTK+ installation problem

Colin> I just got a copy of libtool from profitpress.com/libtool, and
Colin> I installed it.  I also got a copy of gtk+ from the anon CVS
Colin> tree, and I'm trying to compile/install it.  But when I run
Colin> configure, I get an error like this:

Colin> AM_PROG_LIBTOOL: command not found

Colin> I assume it's looking for some sort of libtool macro, but I
Colin> can't figure out why it's not working...libtool is installed,
Colin> as far as I can tell.

aclocal needs to find the libtool macro in the same place where it
finds its own macros.  So you must install automake and libtool using
the same --prefix.

This is the most frequently reported automake problem.  I really ought
to do something to fix it.

Tom