Re: Error compiling gnome-libs

On 19 May 1998, Michael Harnois wrote:

> > *sigh* I'm wondering when I'll ever get GNOME to compile in my system. I've
> > been trying for weeks. Here's the latest, from gnome-libs:
>
> I had been wondering the same thing for *ages*. Tonight, for the very
> first time, everything seems to work (knock on wood.) Keep on trying,
> and update your CVS sources every 15 minutes, and you may get lucky
> like me!

That's my problem! I get up to module C, which has a runtime or compile
error, which is fixed by the new version of module A. I compile A, but now B
is linked against the old A, so I need B, and C works, but D needs a new
B, which breaks my C... and so on..

BTW, I'm not complaining to anyone here. I know gnome is in development..
This is just venting some of my frustration.

-- Stephanos Piperoglou -- sp249@cam.ac.uk -------------------
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of `true'.
                         - Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
------------------------- http://www.thor.cam.ac.uk/~sp249/ --