Re: MC and the desktop

On Wed, 20 May 1998 nuke@bayside.net wrote:

> how about icons that are actually square, blank windows with the
> background image set to the actual icon image set against that portion of
> the root window? maybe i didn't make that clear enough in my last
> message.. but it would be very useful to let the server take care of all
> drawing.

As raster pointed out, wouldn't work for dragging, and it's too much of a
hack anyway. You just need a server with good shaped pixmap code. A mask
would be a good idea, though a bit of a memory hog. Better than rectangles
though, as raster described it.

-- Stephanos Piperoglou -- sp249@cam.ac.uk -------------------
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of `true'.
                         - Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
------------------------- http://www.thor.cam.ac.uk/~sp249/ --