Re: Applets are crashing panel in latest RH snapshot

It seems to be virtually unanimous. Redhat 5 users see this same
crash with the panel.  When running just gmc, I get error messages
of a similar sort, plus some about bad Font.

Could it be do to a mismatch of version numbers?  In that directory,
some files end in 16 and some in 17. Just wondering.

Also wondering about GTK.  Do I need to have GTK in order to have
gnome and gtk+??  It seemed to me that gtk+ just replaced gtk, so
I've gotten rid of gtk altogether.  That seems to be what the
start page would allow (it doesn't say gtk is required) but then,
when things go wrong, people keep posting notes that users
ought to update gtk to 1.1 and then recompile gtk+.  Why?
pj