Re: Applets are crashing panel in latest RH snapshot

> It seems to be virtually unanimous. Redhat 5 users see this same
> crash with the panel.  When running just gmc, I get error messages
> of a similar sort, plus some about bad Font.
>
> Could it be do to a mismatch of version numbers?  In that directory,
> some files end in 16 and some in 17. Just wondering.

I believe this is caused by changes to gtk or gnome-libs and the
binaries were (probably?) not recompiled in the correct order (gtk,
gdk_imlib, gnome-libs, the rest).

> Also wondering about GTK.  Do I need to have GTK in order to have
> gnome and gtk+??  It seemed to me that gtk+ just replaced gtk, so
> I've gotten rid of gtk altogether.

"gtk" never existed alone.  Gtk+ is the only package that was ever
separated from the GIMP.

Miguel.