icewm and WM hints for GNOME

Miguel de Icaza wrote:
>   Have you released a new version of your fine icewm window manager?
> Would you mind posting announcements of your window manager to the
> list, so that we could know where to fetch it, what version to fetch
> and so on?

The current stable release is 0.8.16.
The current less stable release with support for some of the proposed
window manager hints/properties is 0.9.1. Unlike 0.9.1a this is
now actually usable. No RPMs yet, I'll put them out in a day or two if
no major bug surfaces.

Web page: http://ixtas.fri.uni-lj.si/~markom/icewm/

Minor changes have happened to the hints proposal, see src/WinMgr.h
in icewm distribution for details:
  - separate state flags for vertical/horizontal maximization
  - some notes on WORKAREA implementation.

Also, I'd like to implement a GTK-like look for titlebars,... Any
suggestions on how it should look? For a start a pixmaped theme
could be developed and then recoded for efficiency if needed.

>    I am very interested in getting the gnome file manager using the
> hints you have suggested.

Which ones do you plan to use?

I hope to get more feedback on the hints. I'd like hear from
enlightenment, windowmaker and other WM developers. I hope the
current hints could be extended to suit them and applications
would be interoperable between more than one WM with a single
core set of WM hints.

Mark
--
... MouseDevice="/dev/null"