Tentative problemlet ?

Hi,

	In an attempt to have a hack at gnome-games, I  downloaded all the
'latest' RPMS ( inc. the -devel ones ), and installed them ( great ). I
then grabbed the 'gnome-games-...' tar file, and unpacked it hoping it
would work :-).

configure: error: Could not find the gnomeConf.sh file that is generated
by gnome-libs install

	Seemingly this archive ( games ) lookes for gnomeConf.sh in
/usr/local/lib, and the latest lib-devel.rpm installs it in /usr/lib (
which is not searched ). A quick sym-link fixes this but ...

	Furthermore, I had problems installing gnome ( even with the rpms
) I am sure this seems amazing :-). I think the problem was that having
tried the source first, I had a whole load of semi-working libraries in
/usr/lib and /usr/local/lib. Then I installed the rpms and seemingly the
wrong libs were being linked in. Whether this was because only one set of
the old libraries ( or none ) were removed, or because of a funny
/etc/ld.so.conf having an odd directory order ( if this makes a difference
).

	Anyway very impressed with the project as a whole, love to help
particularly after exams.

	Many thanks,

		Michael Meeks.

--