Re: Installing Gnome, we need a tutorial (and I'm volunteering) - GC FAQ , needs updating

> Question: what is the difference between TryExec= and Exec= in the
> application definition files? I assume one is to see wether the app exists
> and the other to run it, or something?

Yes.  It is used as a runtime test to figure out whether the entry
should be displayed or not.  That way we can ship netscape and emacs
.desktop files: only the user that have the programs on their PATH
will get the entries on the menu.

Miguel.