Re: what is idl?

    >> Anyone know what idl is and where to get it?

    Zaphod> You need mico. It should be on the gnome ftp server.

Zaphod told you where to get it, but not what it is!  CORBA uses
something called an "interface definition language" to define
language-independent interfaces.  The idl command compiles the
interface into whatever CORBA uses internally.

(The last sentence is guessed: it's out of my depth.)

The CORBA implementation we are using now is called "mico", so (as
Zaphod said) you have to grab that.