Re: ugly gmc experience; what is "gsl"???

Dudes, do we have a gnome-announce list?  I think that if we start
requiring new packages, or introduce instability, we should announce
it in such a list (and create it if it does not exist).

We could then also announce new cool features and new products and
releases.

    pauljohn> gnome-media says it requires "gsl" but I don't know what
    pauljohn> library that is. Can you tell me?  I had all kinds of

Wow, I guess drmike and raster got to work sooner than I thought!

GSL is the GNU Scientific Library.  It is a new-ish effort, and I only
started releasing it publicly recently.  I think that the Red Hat
dudes are using its Fast Fourier Transform package.  It also has a
way-cool random number generator suite.

You can get the alpha snapshots of GSL from ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/

Let me know if you have problems with GSL.  Now that it's in more
widespread use, I will start creating the proper mailing lists for
reporting bugs and all.  Until then, you can send mail to me.