Re: GNOME & SANE

  >> I tend to agree with Craig.  The frontend(s) would make sense,
  >> but I doubt you'd want all the other "junk".

  Miguel> We certainly do not mind having them.  Just tell us what to
  Miguel> do, we are ready to gnomify stuff :-)

It's fine with me if all gtk-based frontends are part of GNOME
(eventually, at least).  I think it's better to keep the rest of the
distribution separate so it's more neutral.  There are frontends for
OpenStep, OS/2, KDE, etc and I think it would be wrong if SANE were to
take sides (personally, my hopes are of course with GNOME... ;-)

  Craig> The program is in a useful state, I was about to ask David if
  Craig> he wanted a copy of the code to look at, but it may be the
  Craig> case of the more eyes the merrier.

  Miguel> Cool!  Once you upgrade to their latest version, it would be
  Miguel> cool to put it on cvs.

Sounds like a good idea.  I suspect there won't be any major changes
to the gtk frontends in the SANE distribution over the next couple of
weeks & months.  So it's OK to put them under GNOME CVS and hack on
them there.  I'll keep the existing code for the time being in the
SANE distribution and when we feel the GNOMEified versions are stable
enough, we can start to unbundle the existing gtk frontends from the
SANE distribution.

	--david