RE: The Mascot + Well Deserved Praise

On Tue, 12 May 1998, Ed Davison wrote:

> drive and am running Slackware so have to get the TARBALLS and
> do not have CVS to update a set of source files ... So, what I have been

You could install cvs and opt to get gnome module by module. So for
instance, you get:

gtk+, imlib, mico, gnome-libs (get them one at a time, compile them,
install them, move on to the next one)

Then,

gnome-core, gnome-admin, gnome-utilities, gnome-objc, gnome-graphics,
gnome-media, gnome-games, etc.  It is definatley easier.

I have found that when i cvs -z9 update, sometimes it doesn't pick up new
additions all the way (could be because I don't cvs login first, not sure
:)  Either way, this is a much more efficient way to get gnome up and
running rather than using tarballs, but then again, it is just my opinion.

--CASjr