Re: Are their public standards for "window manager compatability"?

> PJ> On the WM list, I asked the experts about gnome compatability and they
> PJ> reacted with, well, dismay.  Several indicated they had made an effort
> PJ> to find out what Gnome would require and they were not able to do so.
>
> There are also folks wanting to add the necessary support to FVWM, but
> until we know _exactly_ what is required, there isn't much anyone can do.
> Is there a document that we can work from?

as of now I think only honouring mwm is enough ... other stuff is more up
to the wm writers ...

one thing that will have to be supported by wm's is session managment!!!

other stuff are some hints for sticky windows etc etc ... the icewm
author is already putting these in so you'd better ask him for what they
are so that we only end up with one set of hints :)

so what is needed:
MWM hints
SM support
ICEWM hints (or equivalent, but I would coordinate with the icewm guy)

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: