Re: gEdit was: 'Re: libgnomeui! ahhh'

On Sat, 9 May 1998, Max wrote:

> At 07:41 PM 5/9/98 +0000, Alex Roberts wrote:
>

> >hehe, sorry about the fuss ppl, i had accendentaly not done a make
> >clean/autogen.sh on the gnome-utils directory
> >
> >everything is fine....
> >except gEdit still won't work with gtk 1.1
> >
> >argh! i really have to seek out that bug...
> >

> I have a peeve with the new gEdit. Before its  GNOME-ification, gEdit had
> support for the accelerator keys. A la "Ctrl+S" to save, "Ctrl+O" to open,
> etc. But now this feature seems to have disappeared. Is this some
> configuration problem on my end? It seems that many GNOME apps are really
Ok, here's whats happened...
the shortcuts are still there, but because of the shortcuts built into the
Text widget they cancel out the menu shortcuts!
Something will have to be done... for now anyway you have to click the
filename tab then use the accelarator.

i'm trying to get this sorted out, if it means hacking up the text widget,
then so be it!