Re: Icons on the desktop

On Wed, 6 May 1998, Mark Eaton (HeTTaR) wrote:

> Ok this is good but I don't want to have the filemanager open all the time.
> I only want it open sometimes. That would be like haveing say windows
> explorer opean all the time just so I could see the icons on the desktop. I
> just doen't work well and it seems very unpolished

	Try this:  Run 'gmc' close the file window which opens.
(File:Close) or WM_CLOSE.  Notice that the icon stays on the desktop.
THAT's how it will look on the desktop.  gmc is RUNNING, but it isn't
serving any file windows unless you double click on the icon.  Feel
better?

						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
 If you love something, write it in C; if it compiles, it is yours;
                     if it doesn't, it never was.