Re: Icons on the desktop

On Tue, 5 May 1998, Guillermo S. Romero / unnamed / Familia Romero wrote:

> >>I think the icons on the desktop bit should be handeled by a seperate SMALL
> >>program that runs all the time.
>
> SMALL... gmc is big or small? What do you think? I have not tested.
> NT Explorer takes some MBs just to show the icons... and thats pathetic. I
> have restarted it to test and from scratch it needs 3208KB. Poor, just to
> show less thatn 60 icons (most of the repeated).

	Check out the size of the panel sometime.  The panel is a few
megs, the launcher is a few megs...  Each applet is a few megs...  Soon,
I'm running something the size of Netscape!  Lots of fun.  I assume this
will be fixed soon.  ;^)
						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
 If you love something, write it in C; if it compiles, it is yours;
                     if it doesn't, it never was.