Re: gnome for *BSD ?

> got it, got it, got it, but what is gettext ? does it come with another
> package ?

  I think it's something to do with internationalisation. I suppose
you get it from your nearest GNU mirror.

> > * Everything needs gtk+, imlib (and whatever it needs: jpeg, libgif,
> >   etc), and gnome-libs

  With a bit of hacking you can get away with some of those image
libraries. I got imlib to compile without giflib. But you'll have problems
with loading gifs if you do that, obviously.

> is gtk-imlib the same as imlib ?  From all the references, it seems as
> if they are the same thing.

  They do the same thing, but have a different API. You need gdkimlib
(which understands gdk), not imlib (which understands Xlib)

	Jo