Re: gnome for *BSD ?

| > got it, got it, got it, but what is gettext ? does it come with another
| > package ?
|
|   I think it's something to do with internationalisation. I suppose
| you get it from your nearest GNU mirror.

Alternatively, you can ./configure [or ./autogen.sh] with
--with-included-gettext, but this don't solve the .pot file problem...
--disable-nls does, but only by removing NLS support and thus not dealing
with the .pot files... "out of sight, out of mind."

NOTE [to dhawkins for Gnome-CVS compile FAQ]: this is not
--with-include-dgettext, as mentioned in the FAQ, but --with-included-gettext.

Other FreeBSD problems I've encountered [with gnome-libs]:

[ The 'include order' mentioned below was a problem specific to me not having
  the include directories set up correctly when ./configure was run... but
  the problem is still relevant. ]

/usr/local/include/malloc.h [included by libgnome/gnome-parse.c and
support/argp-help.c] results in gcc parse errors with lines [81, 82, 87]
containing '(FILE *)'.

Modifying the include order so /usr/include/malloc.h is used first fixes
this, but /usr/include/malloc.h consists of the following:

#if __GNUC__
#warning "this file includes <malloc.h> which is obsoleted, use <stdlib.h> instead"
#endif

#include <stdlib.h>

This should be fixed on FreeBSD machines, preferably by autoconf instead of
a CPP macro...

More FreeBSD problems as they come... is this list interested in hearing
about them?

Take care,
...jsled
http://xcf.berkeley.edu/~jsled/