Re: InSight

>On Sat, 2 May 1998, robert havoc pennington wrote:

>> All I remember is a message from an InSight guy saying they had stuff, but
>> it was kind of vague on what the stuff was; and there wasn't any good way
>> to look at it IIRC; and the guy seemed kind of confused about free

> He had a web site with (if memory serves) two large jpegs; nothing
>individual.  Also if memory serves, he was thinking in free-beer mode.

yeah true.
I was also talking to him about interface ideas for litespeed (an ftp
client that me and Matt Wimer are working on). I tell you, if we can
implement half the stuff that he suggested, litespeed will blow away all
the other ftp clients by an unbelievable margin.

The point I'm trying to make is regardless of his thinking mode, methods,
quircks or whatever, I think we should seriously look at the stuff that
the InSight project left behind. It is really neat(tm) stuff.

Raster, if you're reading this could you comment on the stuff RHAL
supposedly got yesterday/today from the InSight people?

The graphics are great. The ideas are even better.

Cheers,
	nopzor