Re: InSight

On Sat, 2 May 1998, robert havoc pennington wrote:

> All I remember is a message from an InSight guy saying they had stuff, but
> it was kind of vague on what the stuff was; and there wasn't any good way
> to look at it IIRC; and the guy seemed kind of confused about free

 He had a web site with (if memory serves) two large jpegs; nothing
individual.  Also if memory serves, he was thinking in free-beer mode.

> software.  Then it never went anywhere. I don't know how "most people"
> could agree, I don't remember being able to even form an opinion or

 Once again, if memory serves, he asked to speak to the "leaders" of the
GNOME project.  A few days later Raster sent a message to gnome-list
saying he was talking to the guy about his stuff.  I never heard anything
else about it, until now...

> hearing anything else about it. But maybe I just missed it.

 If you missed it, I missed it too....

 Marcus