Re: development of gnome application

From: Max Watson <redline@pdq.net>
Subject: Re: development of gnome application
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 12:19:53 -0600

redline> 3. Integration. A GNOME app has access to all of the great functionality
redline> the GNOME desktop provides. This includes integrated help, session
redline> management, "recently used" history, config-file support, the "stock"
redline> pixmaps and buttons, and much more.

This is very attractive to me. "parse" always annoy me.

redline> 4. CORBA. This was such a buzz-word to me until recently. CORBA will allow
redline> GNOME-compliant apps to seamlessly interoperate (among other things.) I
redline> like knowing that clicking on "volume" in my mpeg player will automagically
redline> run my favorite mixer util without prior knowledge of the connection in
redline> either app.

This is interesting. I think that it is a merit to use MICO in
C on GNOME.

Others (1,2,5,6) is not  the advantages of GNOME, but GTK.

As writting an CORBA application, or which use complex parsing,
I do in GNOME.

thanks,
---
hideki