Wish-List for GTOP

Hello,

I'd like to work a little bit on GTop. In the TODO-List I found:

      Add a way to examine processes (ie, like gmemusage on IRIX,
      so that you can walk the VM of the process and even lookup
      symbols and see where functions are, pretty slick IRIX toy).

What exactly should this do? How system-dependent should/can it be (ie.
using the proc filesystem should be ok, but what about the symbols, should
it read the output of some tool like nm?)

What about SysV IPC?

Does anyone have some other ideas?

   Martin Baulig - Angewandte Mathematik - Universitaet Trier

   baulig@castor.uni-trier.de, http://www.home-of-linux.com/
   Key: 1024-bit key with ID C8178435 created 1997/01/24
   ID:  67 C1 84 A0 47 F5 11 C5  5F 68 4C 84 99 05 C3 92
   Finger me for public key or fetch finger.txt from the url above