Re: property dialogs

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> My point is that it may be simple to satisfy both customers on this point (it
> is merely the label on the button)  then perhaps it would be worthwhile
> to consider how to do that  (I ask again, could internationalization be
> overloaded to give different flavors to the messages seen?) so as to satisfy
> all.  This is not the M$ way, this is the UNIX way -- allow individuals to
> customize their workspace as they see fit.
>
> -Toshio

I've thought about this 'overloading' of the internationalization API
myself.  It seems that even Raster's button themes work by translating
a string into a reference to a pixmap.  It does seem reasonable to make
more generic use of the internationalization functions to return the
strings (and even menu mini-icons) that correspond to button, menu,
pane,
and window labels.  This doesn't have much to do with Property Dialogs
in particular any more, perhaps the idea should be introduced in some
place more appropriate?

 Robert J. Slover | Admin Sys Mgr | Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology

 "Yesterday starts tomorrow, Tomorrow starts today.  The problem
  always seems to be we're picking up the pieces on the ricochet..."
                                                    -Marillion, "Jigsaw"