Re: gtk.m4 not in automake "path"

Toshio> When I run autogen.sh to configure imlib, I then errror out
Toshio> because macros defined in gtk.m4 cannot be found.  I fixed
Toshio> this by symlinking the gtk.m4 file into /usr/share/aclocal.

This is probably the only fix.

Toshio> I think automake is not searching both /usr/share/aclocal and
Toshio> /usr/local/share/aclocal.  Where can/should the fix be
Toshio> applied?  (In automake?  In gtk+, or in code that uses the
Toshio> gtk.m4 file?)

I don't plan to have aclocal do this.  It just doesn't seem right.

I suppose we could have gtk-config know where the gtk.m4 file was
installed.  Then we could use that info in the command line we pass to
aclocal.

Tom